Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Java and Jesus


As a mom of four small children and working six days out of the week I don't get much free time these days. When I do get moments I have a very hard time relaxing. My husband has at times actually forced me sit down even for a few minutes and relax. It is something I am working on. One of the things I sit and relax for is my morning coffee and Jesus. Every morning as I sip the fluid that to me is a life force I try and mediate on a scripture or teaching of Christ. At times I fail miserably because a crying baby, phone call or other everyday distraction takes my mind away. There have been days where I don't remember to focus my mind until the last sweet drop. Those are days my ADHD is in full force. Still, it is my goal. Starting my day with my favorite beverage, sometimes fancy with Reddi-wip on top and Jesus are what gets me to the end of my day with any sanity. This morning I am reading from the Message Bible while drinking my 8 o' clock brew with cafe latte creamer and a dab of the glorious Reddi-whip. This coffee is so good I wish I could share it with you my friend. This scripture is so amazing so usable for me today that I have to share it with you.

"My response is to get down on my knees before the Father, this magnificent Father who parcels out all heaven and earth. I ask him to strengthen you by his Spirit- not a brute strength but a glorious inner strength- that Christ will live in you as you open the door and invite him in. And I ask him that with both feet planted firm on love, you'll be able to take in with all followers of Jesus the extravagant dimensions of Christ's love. Reach out and experience the breadth! Test its length! Plumb the depths! Rise to the heights! Live full lives, full in the fullness of God." ~ Ephesians 3:14-19

Dear Friends, I pray that today we feel the extravagant love of Jesus. As you take a sip or a breath that you experience the breadth of his love for you. He loves us, oh how he loves us.
Live full today!

No comments: