Monday, March 21, 2011

Mixed Emotions.

Have you ever felt so many things at one time that is almost overwhelming? This weekend was a whirlwind. Surreal. Joyful and painful.

My last competition with my seniors. I've been teaching Jill and Jess since they were 9 and 10 years old. These relationships have grown over years and are now very close. Our families are intertwined so tightly. I love these girls. I have watched them grow into beautiful performers and women. I am so happy to see them move to the next chapters of their lives but I will miss them terribly. Bittersweet.



My daughter Ruby also got to perform for the first time with my junior group. Yet, another bittersweet moment. My baby was up on the big stage singing and dancing her heart out with her friends. She was so excited and mama was a ball of nerves. It was so fun to see her jump around with excitement as she put her costume on and see her eyes light up when she saw the stage. My little girl just LOVES being on stage. I'm so excited to see where this love takes her. I have no clue where she gets it from.


At the very end of the competition weekend at the last awards ceremony I got a surprise. I was honored to be named the "Director of the Year". It was very unexpected. I was even asked to give a speech! I actually usually don't like that sort of recognition because honestly, I know that my talent and gifts with teaching are not my own. This award has nothing to do with me. It has to do with the work of the Holy Spirit in my life and the gifts God has given me. To him alone should go all the glory for any thing I accomplish in this life. I will take no credit. None.
My ability to do anything good for his glory in itself is such a group effort. So many people help me every day to do what I love to do.

My husband who watches our four kids while I work, travel, and go all over the country with students to compete and audition. He is my angel and best friend.
My kids for understanding why I can't usually help with homework or tuck them in most nights.
My parents who paid for countless lessons, camps, workshops and colleges.
My students who allow me to push them farther then they think they can be stretched.
My student's parents who trust me with their children and their precious gifts.
My friends and extended family who continue to love me even when I have to miss out on time together because I'm so busy.

If this award should go to anyone it should be to all of you. This woman would be nothing without all of you. I couldn't do God's work or even keep my sanity without all of you. I am forever thankful. This one is for you!




Do you want to stand out? Then step down. Be a servant. If you puff yourself up, you'll get the wind knocked out of you. But if you're content to simply be yourself, your life will count for plenty. ~ Matthew 23:11-12 The Message

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

An inspiring from the heart blog..I truly enjoyed reading it and know the words come from your heart. I'm honored to call you a friend!!