Tuesday, January 15, 2008

A good day!

Today I woke up and decided because of the snow I'd go to the gym after work. Who wants to drive in that at 6am. YUCK! Working out would have to wait today.
I must have pushed the snooze button a dozen times. I ate breakfast went off to work. Things started looking challenging as soon as I hit the road. Traffic was awful. In fact, I thought about turning around and heading right to Starbucks to recover. I got to work late. My first three students all cried during their lessons with me. erf. I again start to think maybe God never wanted me to get up this morning. Maybe I should have stayed in my bed with Steve and the kids all cuddled up and warm. My fourth lesson wasn't much better. This student challenges every comment or correction I make. ugg. (Starbucks is now calling my name.) Did you know they came out with the Skinny Latte because of me? I got in my car to go back to teaching location #1 and I started to listen to a new gospel cd Steve got me this weekend. Man, did it totally get me back on track. WOW Gospel hits RULES! I started to pray. loud. in my car. I asked Jesus to use me to reach my students. Help me to encourage and build them up. I went back into the school and my student Jessica blew me away with her singing. THANK YOU JESUS! Her voice is so mature. A voice that last year when I started working with her had a laundry list of problems. I became so thankful. I know the Lord WAS using me to touch this girl and give her confidence in herself. The rest of my afternoon got even better. Lunch with a former student. More great lessons. Then as I was leaving to go home I got a call from a friend in need. Ryan, Ruby and I got in the car and drove our friend across town because he needed a ride. I was thinking on the way back home.... time to RELAX what a long day.... then, God said: hit the gym! I did 3 miles on the tread and 2 miles on the bike. Came home, dinner and now I'm just about to put Ryan to bed. It's PJ day for him at school tomorrow. If only it were for me as well. Oh how fun it is to be 4 years old. I'm so thankful for the lesson the Lord taught me today. Lean on him. We are never enough. Life is always going to be hard. Press on. Tired, weak, weary. When everyone else seems to have jumped out of the boat and swam to Starbucks for break, stick to it. For the Lord is always with us and he knows it, It is us who forget.

Josie's verse of the day:
Philippians 4:13
I can do everything through him who gives me strength.

No comments: