Monday, January 28, 2008

What won't you give?

What is the one thing that you find difficult to give to God? A relationship, a situation, finances your health? I think everyone has something that they just don't want to give up to the Lord. For me it is my body. I just don't want to give my body to his work and glory. It so easy for me to give other things to him. I'm always willing to give of my heart, mind and soul but God also calls us to give our body. In the bible he even refers to it as his temple. My temple is not looking so hot. If fact I'd think it a stretch to even refer to it as more then a shack. I don't take care of things until it is way past the point of repair. I've even kept an infected gallbladder for about three years now. Well something changed in me when Mom Sweetapple died. I was the one that first saw her death certificate. I cried with I read the cause of death as 1. heart failure and deterioration 2. obesity 3. smoking. She was so young but she has basically given up on her body. In all other ways Mom Sweetapple was so full of life. She had a sharp mind, a beautiful soul and a loving heart, but her body just wasn't a priority. I decided then that I don't want to leave this world with work still left to do. On Thanksgiving day 2007 I ran/jogged/walked and cried my way to the finish line of my 1st 5k with my friend Rachel. I'm going to be honest when I say that I wanted to give up at least 5 times. I was talking to Jesus like a crazy women asking him to either kill me or get me to the finish. It was HARD! I've been working out and trying to get my body stronger. I want to keep running. I want to do two more 5k runs this year. I want my body to be full of health. I want to be able to view it as God's temple. Created by his hands for his work on this earth. I want our family to do physical things. I want to be able to run and catch my children. I know that God is working in me to be the person he wants me to be and part of that plan is my physical heath. I know he will get me to the finish. He works diligently and never gives up. Neither will I.
Prayer: Heavenly merciful father I ask for your help in transforming my body into a visual testimony for all that know me. That others will be motivated to know you because they can see how you have changed me. I want to come closer to you on this journey. I want to be made new in you. May the Holy Spirit be my strength when I am weak. Lord hear my prayer. Amen!

No comments: