Thursday, January 17, 2008

A lesson in the yuck.

I am sick. I realized today that I always get sick the week after my Grammy's birthday. Every year. So what is God always trying to show me the middle of January every year? Maybe to slow down? It never fails that it's also in the middle of my most busy time. Solo and Ensemble, lessons, church, more lessons, my theatre company. I run all day long every day from one thing to the next. I guess this is Gods only way to stop me and get me to refuel and reflect. I know that God as my father might need to throw me a road block like sickness to get me to stop and be thankful. Today I have been thinking of my dear students who are such a blessing to me. I know they must be freaking out that I wasn't in school today. I'm sure they are worried I won't be there to help them this weekend. I know even if I had to be wheeled in I'd be there. I was thinking of my friends Amy, Francie and Charity today. I'm so thankful for them. I've learned so many great lessons from them. From Amy I learn obedience and faith, from Francie I learn strength and joy and Charity I've learned about endurance and perseverance. For so long I prayed to God for friends to help me grow and these are the beautiful ladies he choose. I praise him and thank him. I also thought about my husband. His faith has finally been restored! Praise the Lord! Once again I can lean on him. I'm so grateful for God working in him and our marriage. I would never have thought that my illness would show me so much or be such a great teacher. I thank God today for the road bocks and diversions. There are always blessings down his road.

Prayer: God my heart, body, mind and soul are yours. I give myself only to you and your work.
May I contiune each day to know you more. Dear Father my I be a blessing to others in your name. For you are so holy and worthy of all the notes of praise I can raise.

No comments: