Sunday, March 9, 2008

Hope for the Hopeless

Right now this situation seems hopeless. Young, beautiful mom, aggressive cancer it seems like nothing can be done other than a miracle. It isn't fair. Why would God allow this strong Christian woman to suffer like this? I can't even begin to understand. My brain and heart are numb right now. I am one to pray for God's will but in this case his will might seem cruel and devastating to all that love this woman. How could God take her from a loving husband and young children? I won't allow myself to lose faith or give up hope. I believe Christ came to be hope for the hopeless and a savior to rescue for those in need. I won't for a second think that God can't work a miracle here. In this disease, this pain, this hopelessness only now in these desperate moments can God work and show us the greatness of his mercy, grace and healing. Last night I prayed with friends about this dire situation. After the prayer I was filled with hope.I was almost joyful. I felt like we had brought this to God in a way we as a group of friends hadn't ever before. We prayed with our whole and open hearts. We cried out to the Lord to comfort our dear sister. Dear Lord, I pray that you use all of us to witness your greatness. I pray that you will open my eyes and my ears so I can find a way to minister to this family and to my friends at this time. I refuse to give up hope. I won't sway in my faith. I will cling to the promise of Jesus Christ. I will cling to his love and the hope that it brings. That only he brings. If ever there was a woman that was worthy of a miracle it is Laura. Can one be worthy of a miracle? I don't know but I do know she isn't just an example of faith, she is a pillar of faith. May God lift her up and heal her with a mighty miracle that rocks both believers and unbelievers alike. I await with bold expectation that God will hear my cry. Only our God is an awesome God, only he is the giver of hope. Only our mighty and everlasting God can hear the cries of his daughters and comfort them giving us his peace. I will lean on this hope even when it seems so very hopeless, for with Christ we always have hope. I life my eyes up to the hills where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord the maker of heaven and earth!

Reading: Psalm 121

No comments: