Saturday, April 9, 2011

Please go see Soul Surfer!


I took my whole family to see this movie today at our local theater. This is an amazing story. It brought tears to my eyes to see a movie with some serious "star power" telling a very Christian story. I was a bit worried about my kids and wondered if they would be scared at all but the movie was shot in a way that didn't show much of the most awful parts of her attack but focused more on her depending on the Lord for her strength and peace. We had lots of discussion after the movie about courage and faith. We all really loved it. My children who were crying to see two other "kids movies" that are currently out were all happy that we decided to see it instead. I really feel that those of us that want Hollywood to continue to make these films with values and morals, go out and support it by spending our money on movies like these. 12 thumbs up from my family for Soul Surfer!

No comments: