Friday, April 22, 2011

Good Friday Prayer



Sweet and Precious Jesus,

Sitting here on my knees
I can't believe you died for me.
Me.
I'm so full of sin.
So wrong.
So forgetful.
So selfish.
Such an ungrateful child.
Empty.
Still, you gave your life for mine.
I open my arms, raise them to the cross. Letting go.
Numb and aching for you.
I try hard to focus on your Amazing Grace. Try to understand your Mercy.
I search your face like a child looking up at their mother.

Why me God?
Why do you love me love me so much that you would hang from that cross,

Bleeding,

Battered,

Betrayed?

I'm so sorry Lord.
So thankful that you love me,
Such a wretch like me.

Lord help me to bring you Glory in everything that I do, every breath I take,
Never forgetting the sacrafice you made for me.
Let there always be a prayer on my lips, a song in my heart.

Thank you Jesus.

Thank you Jesus.

Thank you Jesus.

No comments: