Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Special Dinner

Many moms might have a bit of a loathing for having to make meals for their families day after day. For me it is a real treat and delight. My children have started calling it "special dinner". We light candles, turn of the lights and enjoy family devotional and then have our meal together. Spring break allows me to have several "special dinners" with the kids. It is bittersweet for me because it reminds me how much I wish I could do this with them daily. It also reminds me what a special husband I have that he takes care of the kids so well when I am teaching each night. Tonight was extra special because we got to try bread from the new bread machine, and I made the kids favorite strawberry cake. Moms and Dads I beg of you to feel the special moments that you have in preparing and serving meals to your family. Do it with joy. These are moment that although they can be seen as a chore are gifts to our children. They will remember sitting together as a family and the love that comes from you. I cherish that love that came from my own mother to this day. Tonight after dinner the kids all broke into song. It was a really great moment that will be one of my favorite from this spring break. My cup runneth over.





My children have a teachable spirit. ~Proverbs 14:16 (AMP)

No comments: