Thursday, February 21, 2008

He gives and takes away...

On some days it seems like God is trying to show me who is in charge just incase I forgot. Knowing myself I might have forgot. Ok, I did forget. But, lets face it. It is pretty easy to forget. You get in the groove of doing things "MY WAY" as Frank Sinatra would say and then BAM! God steps in and corrects your thinking. Ryan is making HUGE strides in his therapy. I would even use the word miracle, and I don't use the word miracle lightly. I know his new doctors have been directly sent by God to us. God is giving, giving, giving with Ryan's treatments.
One of my dearest students is having the worst week of her life losing her best friend, her grandfather. My heart is breaking for her. This loss will change her. Another student is having one of most exciting weeks of her life. She is about to start a journey that I just know is going to bring blessing upon blessing for her. This is the start of great things for her. One of my very best friends is suffering from a tragic loss yesterday. She is in pain and I want to help her. I'm trying to figure out how.
As I was running out the door this morning thinking about all of these things good and bad I actually put my hand on the door knob stopped and then turned around walked back into the house and got down on my knees and prayed. I prayed so hard for these three young women and my son. I PRAYED! I thought my mind could just take over for these situations but God reminded me that if I don't give these situations to him he can't take over. I have to give to get. I have to talk to be able to listen. I have to reach out to him. So, today I did. I have a peace and a comfort that I am so thankful for. I have a song in my heart that is of praise for a God that is in control even when we think we have it all covered and all figured out as well as when we have no clue and are blind and lost.
Today take time to talk to God about who and what is on your heart.
I promise that you won't be disappointed that you did.
You may be running a bit late for work and not have time to grab a coffee, but God will work that out for you too.

No comments: