Friday, February 8, 2008

Dreams, Prayers and Wishes on a star....

Why does it surprise me every time God answers a prayer? Why do I often sit down to pray like I'm about to sit down to a roulette wheel in Vegas? I tell everyone I know I believe in God. I believe he answers prayer.... but do I really? Why do I get this weird sensation of Wow, it actually worked when he gives me what I ask for. In my mind it's like Ryan asking me for a toy at Meijer. Mom PLEASE!!!!!!! But really isn't God our father more giving then us? Shouldn't he know the needs of his children and be thankful that we come to him? I think God is always waiting. He knows as we walk down the path of life we are going to need him. In fact, I once heard it said that God does not like pain and suffering but he will use it to bring us to him. So how does all of this fit in with my life today? Well about three years ago I started working with a beautiful and talented young lady named Lauren. For about the first six weeks she started working with me I honestly thought she hated me. I remember listening to her sing a song "On My Own" from Les Miserables thinking wow, she has a sweet little voice. She lacked confidence and would hardly look me in the eye. At first I took it as her dislike for me and a slight attitude problem. Well, I started praying for her. In my head during our lessons I started praying for her. I asked God to give me some way to make her feel like she was worth something, that she had talent. It took me almost two years to do it but this summer in New York City I saw that little pretty young lady audition for the biggest broadway talent agency in the world. I kept praying. We didn't hear much of anything after the call back. We were bummed but I just knew that God has a special plan for her. She has something that only God can give.
She got another audition call in Chicago a few weeks back. I had a great feeling about it. I prayed every day. God, let this be her big break. It killed me this week when she started to doubt herself. She told me that she didn't think she was going to get a call. Wednesday I had a dream that she was going to get one. It was one of those dreams where I can see, feel and touch everything like it is real. Today at 4:57 pm she called me to tell me that MTV had called her to say that out of the 8,000 girls that auditioned at cities all around the USA she had made the top 20 and that they wanted her to come to New York to be on a show to find Broadways new up and coming young star! To be honest these are the kind of moments in my life that make all the little stuff seem so little. These are the days when I thank God that I'm a teacher. It made me think of our first lessons. It also made me think about my student a few weeks back at solo and ensemble that had worked for three years on only two songs because of a learning disability and got a 1st place. Her joy was my joy. How great is God working in all of my students? All the doubts all the fears all the prayers and nights up wondering if I'm doing what God really wants me to be doing all come to these great moments. I'm so proud. I'm so thankful. I'm so blessed. Yes, I believe in God and Yes, I know he answers prayer. What are you not talking to God about? What seems to little or unimportant to ask. Who do you work with, live with or love that needs your intercession with God? Pray. Pray hard and don't stop.
Photobucket

No comments: