Saturday, February 9, 2008

My Lent Offering

So, mostly because it is impossible for me to go with the flow, this year, I have decided to give up nothing for Lent and instead give something of myself to God. I'm doing two awesome bible studies right now. One is a Beth Moore study on the Psalms called Stepping Up (I highly recommend it) and the other is a Moms Study on Prayer. In both of these studies I've been convicted to pray in a different way. So, as a trial during Lent I am going to try praying with my face on the ground. Yes, that's right face to the ground. Beth Moore explains that there is something different to this type of prayer. I'm ready to give it a try. I'll be sure to update my progress. It will be hard for me as I'm a on the go car and shower type of prayer but I'm willing to step out of my little box for this one. I suggest either giving something to God along with me or just simply changing up your prayer life. Step up or step out. Let us prepare for the great sacrafice of our Lord Jesus on the cross. His blood never fails me.

No comments: