Tuesday, February 19, 2008

The easy part...

about being a Christian is saying; "Yes! I am a Christian". Well, at least if you live in the U.S. it is the easy part. It might not be so easy if you try that in North Korea or China! But, the hard part seems to be the living it day to day. How many days have I rolled out of bed into a foul mood instead of rolling out and onto my knees thanking God for another day. How often have I gone to the grocery store and been frustrated with the speed of the check out lady instead of looking for someone that might need my understanding or even a smile? We live in a society that sets us up to be self centered and uncaring. Your way-right away or you have a right to be grumpy. We look out for someone to do something for us instead of looking for a way to help others. Even those of us were blessed to be raised in a Christian home that taught these virtues struggle with it. It is part of our daily struggle as Christians. We have to fight against the way of the world. So often people say they are "worried" about me. I take on to much. I give too much. But do I really? I really don't think I am. How much is too much to give? Doesn't Jesus teach the spiritual principle that what we do for others our father will multiply back to us? It is just the practice of doing these things without looking for the spiritual tax return that is the challenge. Today I challenge you to look for those in need. In fact I'll go even farther I challenge us (me included) to pray to God to show us these people and to use us to help them. Lord, even if they simply need a smile let me know they need it. I want people to know I'm a Christian by my love. Not because I have to tell them I am. I want them to get that feeling from me at a few miles away. I want my home to shine Jesus in our little neighborhood. Gosh, I know that is will be hard. But I'm going to pray for it. God help me!

No comments: